There are so many people out there claiming to offer various services. This makes it important to me that my clients and potential clients know about me.
Here are 8 reasons why I may be the best person to proofread your work:
1) I am a member of the 'Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading'. This means that I am bound by their code of practice including their standards of editing and proofreading. You can see their code of practice here
2) I've had training with CIEP. I am not running your document through a computer programme to find mistakes. I am reading every single word as well as considering it as a whole.
3) I am not proofreading anything that I haven't had experience of writing myself. I have written and submitted 3 academic theses, and I have written policies for small businesses as well as marketing and publicity material.
4) I have over 15 years experience working in education. Mainly in secondary schools but also in primary schools and schools for children and adults with additional learning needs.
5) I have a BA in Music, a PGCE in secondary school teaching and a Master's in Educational Practice, so I understand the pressures and expectations around submitting work.
6) I can often offer a fast turnaround of 24/48 hours. Perfect for that last-minute rush which we all try to avoid, but sometimes it's just not possible.
7) I've written and edited copy for many businesses, from a holistic hypnotherapy business through to preparing publicity documents for a personal fitness trainer, and proofreading contracts and policies for a cleaning company.
8) It's just me! I won't be passing your work off to anyone else, I work alone. This means that I get to quality control everything, and respond to every email and query from potential clients or clients I am currently working with.